Application for Employment
If you are interested in one of our positions listed below, please download and complete our Application for Employment form and submit it along with other requested documents as noted in the position posting.
Tri-County Literacy is an EEO/AA Employer.
LITERACY VOLUNTEERS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Looking for a creative and responsible job that makes a difference in people’s lives? Tri-County Literacy, located in Bath, has an immediate opening for a 20-hpw Literacy Volunteers Program Coordinator. This highly responsible position works as part of a team to meet Tri-County Literacy’s mission of “improving lives through literacy.”
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and long-term goals of the adult basic education Literacy Volunteers Program. Duties for this position include: recruiting learners and volunteer tutors, interviewing and assessing the needs of the learner, interviewing prospective tutors and matching learners with tutors; organizing, presenting, and scheduling tutor training along with a program training team, and organizing tutor in-service programs; maintaining and updating program database and files; and participating in writing grant applications and various reports and newsletters.
- 20 hours per week with occasional nights and weekends, $18.00 per hour, limited benefits
- Must be able to meet with learners in different locations within the tri county area (northern Cumberland, Sagadahoc, and Lincoln counties) as needed (mileage reimbursed)
Required and Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Three years of directly related experience
- Knowledge of, and interest in, adult literacy
- Appreciation and understanding of cultural, economic, and ability differences
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to work with the public
- Experience developing training programs and making presentations
- Experience supervising and supporting volunteers preferred
- Proficiency in computer skills and ability to perform accurate data entry
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment
Complete application packets must be received not later than 3 PM on Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
The application packet consists of the job application, a résumé and cover letter. The job application can be found at the top of this page.
For questions, please call 443-6384.
Applications may be emailed to: email@example.com
Applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Deb Nowak, Executive Director
34 Wing Farm Parkway
Bath, Maine 04530
Read With Me Childcare Provider
The RWM Childcare provider is responsible for caring for children ages 0-3 while the children’s parents participate in the Read With Me sessions. The sessions last approximately 1 ½ hours. During that time, the Childcare Provider is responsible for ensuring the children are safe, nurtured, and appropriately occupied. Duties include playing with and reading to the children, as well as feeding, cleaning, and toileting them as needed and as instructed by the parents. There are usually 1-4 children in childcare for any given session and two childcare providers work together to cover each session.
Session Locations: Waldoboro and Somerville
Education/Experience Required: High School diploma and experience caring for young children
Hours: 6-10 hours per month during the school calendar year
Salary: $10.75 per hour plus mileage reimbursement
For more information, please contact Katie Clark, RWM Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-6384.
To apply, please download and complete the Employment Application and submit it along with a cover letter to email@example.com.